Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Peace Ninja


Hello friends. I thought I'd check in with a couple of updates today.

I recently decided to incorporate some themes into my paintings in order to come up with a series that I can hopefully convince someone to display. I have inevitably arrived at themes in the past - I've always been interested in biology and space/star systems - but wanted to do something more deliberate. I was goofing around a few weeks ago and thought 'ninjas.' Very shortly after I decided to go for it, along with the idea of employing textured backgrounds and silhouettes. I have sketched out a number of paintings, have finished the first and am working on the second. I thought I'd share a few pics from the stages of the first - 'Peace Ninja.' Please excuse the low quality of the pics - they're taken in low light with my iPhone.


Very primary sketch of Peace Ninja.


Applied textured background with five pointed stars.


Added five petaled 'peace' flower with ninja star inside. I later outlined the flower in grey.


Completed 'Peace Ninja' painting.

I'm definitely having fun with this series so far, and the next paintings are just tumbling out right now... so I'll keep you tuned in as things progress.

On another sweet note, my boy turned four months a few days ago! I cannot believe how fast the time is flying by. He got his immunization shots two days ago and was weighed and measured at the same time. He weighed 19 lbs, 12 oz, and was 27 inches long. He's a big boy - measuring above the 95 percentile. I love every pinchable inch of him! I'll post pictures of our first swimming excursion soon.

Take care. Talk to you again soon:)



4 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails